The recommendations from the WHO say as follow…
- Adults aged 18–64 should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week or do at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week or an equivalent combination of moderate and vigorous-intensity activity.
- Aerobic activity should be performed in bouts of at least 10 minutes duration.
- Muscle-strengthening activities should be done involving major muscle groups on 2 or more days a week.
- For additional health benefits, adults should increase their moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity to 300 minutes per week, or engage in 150 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity activity.
This infographic has been made for the TREK project. For further information on this topic, have a look into their website.
– World Health Organization 2010