This is the third video of a series of 4. Here you can see some more messages that can heal in patients with nonspecific low back pain.
- «Your back is one of the strongest structures of the body».
- «It’s very rare to do permanent damage to your back».
Encourage normal activity and movement
- «Relaxed movement will help your back pain settle».
- «Your back gets stronger with movement».
- «Motion is lotion».
- «Protecting your back and avoiding movement can make you worse».
The information you can find in this video has been kindly provided by Dr Peter O’Sullivan and Dr Ivan Lin. You can read the paper here: Acute low back pain: Beyond drug therapies. Pain Management Today (2014).
You can watch the other videos of the series here: Messages that can harm in patients with nonspecific lower back pain and Messages that can heal in patients with nonspecific lower back pain Part 1 and Part 3.
O’Sullivan, Peter & Lin, Ivan. (2014). Acute low back pain: Beyond drug therapies. Pain Management Today. 1. 8.