This is the fourth video of a series of 4. Here you can see some more messages that can heal in patients with nonspecific low back pain.
Address concern s about imaging results and pain
- “Your scan changes are normal, like grey hair”.
- “The pain does not mean you are doing damage – your back is sensitive”.
- “Movements will be painful at ﬁrst – like an ankle sprain – but they will get better as you get active”.
- “Let’s work out a plan to help you help yourself”.
- “Getting back to work as you’re able, even part time at ﬁrst, will help you recover”.
The information you can find in this video has been kindly provided by Dr Peter O’Sullivan and Dr Ivan Lin. You can read the paper here: Acute low back pain: Beyond drug therapies. Pain Management Today (2014)
You can watch the other videos of the series here: Messages that can harm in patients with nonspecific lower back pain and Messages that can heal in patients with nonspecific lower back pain Part 1 and Part 2.
O’Sullivan, Peter & Lin, Ivan. (2014). Acute low back pain: Beyond drug therapies. Pain Management Today. 1. 8.