This infographic shows you some of the health benefits of resistance training. It has been created as part of the TREK project.
There are many positive health outcomes of resistance training.
- Decreased risk of heart disease.
- Decreased blood pressure.
- Improved cholesterol.
- Reduced impairment.
- Improvements in ability to generate muscle force thatt can carry over into an improved ability to do everyday tasks and increased activity,
- Reduced pain in people with low back pain and osteoarthritis.
I highly recommend you to have a look at the above-mentioned site for further information.
– Resistance training for health and fitness. American College of Sports Medicine 2013