This is the first video of a series of 3, talking about pain management and Physiotherapy.
The information of this video has been provided by Lars Avemarie and is part of a guest blog he wrote for Adam Meakins in The Sports Physio Blog. If you want to read the full article, you can find it here.
Here the 5 key points you can find in this video:
- Pain management is suboptimal when done with a purely biomedical ideology.
- Structure and biomechanics are not destiny, most findings on imaging are also common in asymptomatic individuals.
- Most health professionals lack a comprehensive scientific perspective on pain, and are often scientific illiterate.
- Pain is modulated by emotional, mental, and sensory mechanisms, and our treatments should reflect this.
- The placebo effect does not justify “magical” pseudo-scientific non-plausible treatments with only dubious evidence.
You can watch the other 2 episodes here: Episode 2 and Episode 3.