In this infographic you can read 5 reasons why exercise is important in cancer recovery.
The infographic says as follow…
- Exercise after cancer is associated with a reduction in cancer related death by up to 50%.
- Exercise may also reduce the risk of cancer recurrence by up to 35%.
- Exercise is the number one treatment for the most common and debilitating side effects of cancer, cancer related fatigue.
- Exercise is helpful in remedying numerous other treatment side effects including reducing depression, preventing lymphedema and improving fitness and strength.
- There is emerging data that says that exercise during toxic cancer treatments can improve the effectiveness and completion rates of chemotherapy.
This infographic was created as part of the TREK project. We hardly recommend you to visit the site to find more information on this topic.